Friday, January 4, 2013

Memories of Spring

When you are in January, and the winter months lie ahead, with bitterness and cold weather, it is hard to remember there is an end.  At some point, there is an end

Perhaps it is being at the farthest point in the year from the prior season that invokes this feeling?  Every year around this time, usually as January nears to a close, and February comes along I yearn for Spring and even Summer, but think it will never come.  Some may say I am wishing too early, and I should just endure.  What is there trouble with wanting to see flowers springing from the trees and plants on the ground?  What is so charming about the bitter wind, ice and snow that compels one to just endure? 

Do you ever reach that point in winter where you feel chilled to the bones? That the cold has gotten to you so completely that you feel you may never fully thaw out?  Being originally from Arizona and not from the Northern climate like Michigan, I sometimes feel I never feel fully thawed out until I go visit the desert in July. Perhaps that makes me crazy. 

However, with all that being said, I like to post reminders of Spring.  To share what is eventually to come.  Give someone who is stuck in the dull monotony of winter like myself something to look forward to...

The Leila Arboretum in Spring, Battle Creek, Michigan USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment